Seminar «Cold Lands» - «Kholodnye Zemli» Russia-Japan Cooperation in the North NEXT GENERATION. RUSSIAN SIDE
Within the framework of the III International Northern Forum of Sustainable Development, a seminar on Russian-Japanese cooperation in the North will be held for representatives of Russian and Japanese universities, companies and government agencies. This is a meeting of the participants of the specialized section, whose activities are related to the North, and their external partners among private companies and self-government bodies. The seminar will feature presentations on the latest developments in Russian-Japanese cooperation on the North and issues related to the Arctic. The discussion will allow Russian and Japanese scientists and their partners to share information and proposals on promising joint projects, discuss topics and formats of future cooperation.
Moderator: Mikhail Yuryevich Prisyazhny,, 1st Deputy Minister of Education and science of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Friend of the University of the Arctic, Professor of the Arctic State Institute of Culture and Arts, Doctor of Geographical Sciences.
Toyohisa Kozuki, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to Russia;
Kirillin Gavril Vitalievich, Minister for Foreign Relations and Peoples Affairs of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).
- Mikhailova Victoria Vlasyevna, Associate Professor, Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education «North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov» (NEFU);
- Haruka Komiyama, association representative, «Hokkaido intellect tank» (HIT);
- Aileen Espiritu, Researcher, Barents Institute, University of Tromso (Norway), Head of the thematic network of the University of the Arctic «The Arctic in Asia and Asia in the Arctic»;
- Pudova Mariya Egorovna, Director of the International Language Center «Orientalist» («Vostokoved»), master's student, NEFU, arctic regional studies.
Module of International cooperation and exchange programs
- Borisov Kim Alexandrovich, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) for the Far Eastern Federal District;
- Nogovitsyn Alexander Vladimirovich, doctoral student, Hokkaido University
Topic of the presentation: «Personal experience of participation in the Russia - Japan joint education program»;
- Khachay Alexey Igorevich, CEO, JPPV Japanese Project Promotion Vehicle in the Far East LLC;
Topic of the presentation: «Russia-Japan cooperation in the Far East under new conditions. The role and functions of JPPV»;
- Kirillin Denis Alexandrovich, chief specialist of the Department of Urban Development and Transport Infrastructure of the District Administration of the city of Yakutsk;
Topic of the presentation: «Personal experience of cooperation with Japan»;
- Shirow Tatsuzawa, Executive Director/Assistant Professor, Center for Northern Studies and Education, Hokkaido University, Doctor of Sciences;
Topic of the presentation: «Russia-Japan Collaborative studies on Siberian Wildlife: from ecosystem researches to socio-eco-system conservation»;
- Kazuyuki Saito, PhD, Senior Researcher, Research Institute for Global Change, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC);
Topic of the presentation: «Why and how do we study the underground cache practices in the arctic communities?»;
- Yukihiro Takahashi, PhD, Professor, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Graduate School of Sciences, Hokkaido University;
Topic of the presentation: «Micro-satellite as a new tool for remote-sensing»;
- Makaryeva Olga Mikhailovna, Leading Researcher, St. Petersburg State University, Institute of Permafrost Studies named after P.I. Melnikov of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
сo-speakers: - Kazuyoshi Suzuki, Japan Agency for Marine Environment and Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC);
– Natalia Vadimovna Nesterova, Researcher, P. I. Melnikov Permafrost Research Institute of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, North-Eastern Permafrost Research Station;
Topic of the presentation: «Perspectives of joint Russian-Japanese studies in the Kolyma River Basin»;
- Shoji Takeshi, general director, Hokkaido Corporation JSC (Japan);
- Juha Saunavaara, Assistant Professor, Hokkaido University Arctic Research Center (Japan);
- Seryakov Alexander Vladimirovich, Head of Foreign Affairs Department of the Tyumen State University (Tyumen);
- Nataliya Maslova, Executive Director, «Center for E-Democracy Technologies», (Khanty-Mansiysk);
- Zalitko Ekaterina Eduardovna, Mitsui & Co., Ltd.;
- Nakajima Kaori, Mitsui & Co., Ltd.;
- Sugi Konosuke, Mitsui & Co., Ltd.;
- Sharov Maxim Igorevich, leading researcher, St. Petersburg State University, P. I. Melnikov Institute of Permafrost Studies of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Ivanova Maya, project consultant, graduate student NEFU, Creative Association «Kyndykan»;
- Osipov Boris, junior Researcher of the Department of Northern Philology, NEFU,
- Zakharova Anna, project manager, Creative Association «Kyndykan».